FAU CARD’s Little Owls Early Intervention Initiative Webinar is a free on-line parent training for family members of children ages 2-6 years old with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or that are in the process of seeking a diagnosis of ASD.
The goal of the training is to help prepare families to be active participants in a child’s positive developmental growth.
Some of the topics covered are:
• Understanding Autism
• Understanding and preventing problem behavior
• Promoting communication and social engagement
• Advocacy and understanding benefits
• A special emphasis is placed on safety and the child with ASD
• Because parents play a central role in the life of a child, parent support and self-care are important themes of the training