Palm Tran Connection:
Palm Tran Connection is a shared ride, door-to-door, paratransit service that provides public transportation for residents and visitors in Palm Beach County. Services are provided for seniors, persons with disabilities and the transportation disadvantaged. Eligible riders can pay $3.50 per one-way trip and travel anywhere in Palm Beach County.
How can a parent/caregiver gain access to this service?
Call 561-649-9838 or visit their website here.
You must fill out an application and gain eligibility for the program before using the service – it can take anywhere from 7-21 days to process an application.
Recommended websites, YouTube videos, books on this topic:
When looking for this service are there any questions or observations you would recommend parents to investigate before selecting a provider?
Palm Tran Connection service is comparable to the Fixed- route bus in that it is available during the same days and hours as the regularly scheduled local fixed route bus service. It is not a taxi service or UBER/Lyft type ride. By comparable, we mean that Connection service is a “shared-ride” system. That means like the bus, other customers may be picked up and dropped off while transporting you to your final destination. This helps Palm Tran maximize the use of the vehicle fleet and provide as many trips as possible to as many customers as possible. Your “ride” should be comparable in length to your trip if it was taken on a fixed route bus – this includes time getting to the stop, waiting for the bus, transfers and the ride time on the bus. There are no same day trips, all trips can be scheduled 7-days in advance or by 5pm the day before you wish to travel.
Written by: Louis Ferri, Operations Manager, Palm Tran Connection[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text]
- Early Intervention
- Behavior Management
- Multi-Disciplinary Assessment
- Health Services
- Parent Support Services
- Parent Trainings and Advocacy
- Parent Support Groups
- Behavior Management at Home
- Financial Resources and Planning
- Gardiner Scholarship
- Financial and Estate Planning
- Government Benefits SSI/SSDI
- Agency Supports: Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD)
- Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE)
- Legal Resources
- School Age Diagnosis/Assessment
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE)
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- McKay Scholarships
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Understanding Eligibility
- Reevaluation Process
- Dismissal/Discontinuation/Revocation of Services
- Summer Camps
- When You Disagree with School
- Private Schools
- Charter Schools
- Extended School Year (ESY)
- PBC Travel Options