Employment and Career: Agency Supports Vocational Rehabilitation


Vocational Rehabilitation:

Vocational Rehabiliation (VR) is a federal-state program that helps people who have physical or mental disabilities prepare for, find, or keep a job. VR is committed to helping people with disabilities find meaningful careers. Some of the services VR provides to eligible clients are Vocational Evaluation and Planning, Career Counseling and Guidance, Job Coaching, Job Placement, On-the-Job Training, Training and Education after High School, Job-Site Assessment and Accommodations, Supported Employment, Assistive Technology and Devices, Medical and Psychological Assessment, and Time-limited Medical and/or Psychological Treatment. Click Here for an explanation of each of these services.

Vocational Rehabilitation provides many services that help youth identify their career path. The Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) provides every student with a disability the opportunity to participate in Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) through VR. Any student with a disability ages 14 -21 who are currently enrolled in school can participate. The student can have a 504 Plan, be in the process of being identified with a disability through Exceptional Student Services, or already have an Individual Educational Plan (IEP).

For the Rehabworks.org Transition Programs and Services brochure: In English Click Here Programas Y Servicios de Transición en Espanol Click Here

For the Rehabworks.org Pre-Employment Transition Services brochure Click Here Servicios de Transició Previa al Trabajo en Espanol Click Here

How does Vocational Rehabilitation help the person with a disability or family support system?

Vocational Rehabilitation is designed to help eligible people with disabilities become employed.

How can a parent/caregiver gain access to VR services?

The person seeking services of VR should contact the nearest VR office for services or a referral form can be completed by the caregiver. For a List of offices Click Here in Palm Beach County, Area 7.

Recommended websites, YouTube videos, books on this topic?

For A Description of VR services: Click Here.

Let’s Get to Work: Resource Toolkit for Students and Families.

For FDDC Employment Resources: Click Here

Supported Employment – Helping People Succeed in English: Click Here
Empleo Apoyado + Especializado en Espanol: Click Here
Helping People with Hearing Loss: Helping People with Hearing Loss in English Click Here
Ayudando a las Personas Con Pérdida de Audición en Espanol: Click here
On the Job training On-the-Job Training Flyer for Customers in English: Click Here
Capacitar al Talento en Espanol Click Here
Your Ticket to Work. This flyer provides an overview of VR Ticket to Work services. Ticket to Work is a Social Security Administration (SSA) program available to Floridians. For those who qualify for social security benefits, tickets to work will be issued and may be taken to Employment Network (EN) participants for job placement assistance using programs available through VR. For English Click Here. En Espanol: Click Here

The Service Provider Choice Directory helps VR customers make an informed choice about which service provider best fit your needs. You can search the directory on your own and/or with your counselor to learn more about the service providers in your area who provide the services you need. Before choosing a vendor call or schedule an appointment to discuss your specific needs and priorities. Choose a vendor who is near your home. You want to have an employment specialist who can help in finding employment close to your home. If you disagree or feel that the vendor is not helping you with the targeted VR service, you can go back to the VR counselor and discuss the option of selecting another vendor. For the Directory Click Here

The VR Ombudsman Office is a customer service office. It is provided to all VR customers who have questions, concerns, or believe they may have been treated unfairly. The Ombudsman receives, investigates and assists in resolving complaints. You may contact an Ombudsman by calling toll-free (866) 515-3692 or email: [email protected]. Please include your phone number and the best way to contact you in your email. TTY users dial 711 to connect with the telecommunications relay service (TRS). Video phone users can call through the video relay service (VRS).

Information provided directly from the Vocational Rehabilitation’s website Click Here.